Tuesday, January 8, 2013

QUICK Quiche! REALLY!

OKAY- I love Quiche' I Really do! But I loathe how long it takes to cook! I can whip it up real fast- (I buy ready made pie crust- although i really know how to make it from scratch- ready made is just so much easier! I get the store brand or whatever over in the biscuit section- its rolled up and usually comes two to a box!)
Here is the Trick- You NEED the Pampered Chef Deep Dish Pie Plate (it is a piece of stoneware) Stoneware can go in the microwave! (If it fits! I cook lots of things on mine! I heat up leftovers on a small one- cook bacon and its good! etc)

You will need
To Preheat Your Oven to 375 degrees
~one pie crust unrolled and put into the Pampered Chef Deep Pie Dish (IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS YOU CAN USE ANY PIE DISH AND JUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE OVEN WITH THE PREPARED QUICHE FOR 40-50 MINUTES)
 ~a medium/large mixing bowl
~about 6 eggs (I had 3 left over egg white the other day so I added 4 eggs with my egg whites and ti was really good so just how ever you want your eggs!)
~ a little milk or half n half just to add a little consistency to it all (like 1/4 cup at most)
~1 tablespoon of stick butter cut into 6 squares (optional if your watching that!)
~some cheese if you wish (I grated a little and cut up about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese in chunks you could use fat free really you cant go wrong with this!)
~about 1 cup of fresh spinach or 1/2 a thing of frozen rinsed and drained/ squeeze any water out
~Any meat I used left over ham from New Years (that's my husbands bday so we go all out with the food and I like the left overs!) You could cut up cooked bacon or anything! or leave it out
~ I didn't this time but sometimes I get crazy and just add things for example chop up some bell pepper, some mushrooms, maybe some asparagus, and throw in a little onion! YUMMY

Now Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the Butter and Cream Cheese if your adding it!
~pour the ingredients into the pie plate over the crust!
~now evenly put the butter and cheese in so its not all grouped together!

FOR THE QUICK PART! - Put the dish uncovered in your microwave- i do it for 7 minutes then I use an oven mitt and pull it out of the microwave and set it straight into the over to help it finish Browning and to help it all settle for another 7 minutes! That's at Total of 14 minutes cook time! AMAZING and it taste great! Even the leftovers are yummy!

Ingredients!
The Tools! (small mixing bowl, coarse grater, whisk, color coated utility knife, cutting board, and pie dish)
about 1/2 cup of chopped ham (another tool the measuring cup set!)
mix ingredients in the bowl and pour onto crust in the dish
microwave 7 minutes then oven at 375 for 7 minutes
finished product minus the piece I ate!

No comments:

Post a Comment