Wednesday, January 16, 2013

BBQ Pork in the Deep Covered Baker

Typically I use chicken breast for this- however this evening I was out of chicken and had boneless pork chops that needed to be cooked.. So my mind started turning and I REALLY wanted to cook something in my DCB (deep covered baker) so I decided to do BBQ pork.. Not ever doing this before, I pulled out my trusty meat thermometer to make sure it would be done! And I wanted to see if the pork chops cooked as well as the chicken! (My kids loved loved loved it!!!)
-3 boneless pork chops- mine were very thick.
-1/2 onion chopped (tonight I had some already chopped and frozen so I jut pulled them out and de-thawed them!)
-few tablespoons of olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the baker)
- 2 tablespoons of the pampered chefs Smokey BBQ rub
- a little of the pampered chefs Crushed Pepper corn and Garlic
-2 cloves of garlic (you will mince this)

Sauce-
-1 cup of ketchup
-1/4 cup of brown sugar
-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
-2 tablespoons of smokey barbecue rub
Mix all together!
Directions FOR BBQ
-put oil in DCB
-put chopped onions in DCB
-put pork chops in DCB
-sprinkle smokey BBQ rub and crushed peppercorn and garlic on chops
-mince garlic on chops
-flip the chops a few times and run the seasoning in
-pop in microwave for about 12-17 minutes (if you have a thermometer then check temp and its ready when it reaches 160 degrees !
-once done drain any extra liquid (I didn't do this and had to try afterwards)
-now chop with salad choppers
-pour sauce over meat and mix up!




Stuff! (however that onion got put back up since I realized I already had some chopped in the freezer!)

Oil and Onions

Pork Chops (next time I will trim the fat with some kitchen shears but it wasnt bad)

Seasoned, flipped a few times and garlic (then flip a few more times)

Ready for the Microwave!

SAUCE!! ketchup!

Brown sugar in our mini measure all!

Smokey BBQ Rub!

Apple Cider Vin. I LOVE this little measure for measuring small amounts of liquid



Mix it up!

handy dandy meat thermometer! It has a recommended temp chart on the cover!

160! Perfect! be sure to check more than one! (and put it in the middle!) drain that extra liquid out!

Chop with Salad Choppers (this is SO much better than it looks!)

add the sauce

he would not be happy if he knew I took this! But I had to prove that it is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment