Friday, January 11, 2013

Breakfast casserole in the Deep Covered Baker (UNDER 20 MINUTES-IN THE MICROWAVE!!)

This month you could possibly score the $85 dollar Deep Covered Baker for just 34 bucks!!! (Contact me to find out how!!) so I want to do a few recipes to show just why I LOVE this baker!
Why do I love it? Well first of All it has a lid- which helps keep the heat in while it cooks!
2- it's part of Pampered Chefs Stone ware collection- it acts sort of like a "brick" oven when you cook with it! And it fits in my microwave- YES stone ware can go in the microwave! So when you stick it in your microwave- picture all the micro "waves" hitting the baker and bouncing around the baker heating it up. But the baker heating up like a very fast oven! Seriously!
3- I can use it to make so much stuff in under 20 minutes! And it's big enough it feeds my whole family!
What do I cook in it?
1- cakes! All kinds! And they're yummy! I love to take chocolate cake mix, a can of cherries and some chocolate frosting to make a chocolate cherry cake!
2-apple crisp! And it's awesome!
3-chicken fajitas
4-BBQ chicken
5-Breakfast Casserole
6-soups

Seriously, when one purchases this from me I have a huge list of recipes (compiled by other Pampered Chef Consultants!) that I can email you!

This recipe is not in there I made it up- wondering if it would work! So Enjoy- Justus, my 4 year old, stated tonight "man, this is delicious!"

So here's your ingredients (remember you can change and add ingredients to suit your taste- I personally would've added shredded or diced hash browns if I had them! And you could use sausage, turkey bacon, ham etc.)

~5 slices of bacon cut in half
~7 eggs you could add some more if you wanted it a little thicker but cooking time will need to be adjusted (watched)
~1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
~1/4 cup of half n half (you can use milk or nothing at all- I just do this to add some volume)
~5 mini bell peppers or 1 regular bell pepper
~1 cup of fresh chopped spinach
~A little salt and pepper if desired :)

Lay the bacon in the bottom of the baker (it's okay if it overlaps some)
Cover and microwave for about 7 minutes

While that's cooking
-Beat the eggs in a medium bowl
-add the milk and cheese to the eggs and mix
-chop your spinach if its not done yet
-chop your peppers (I used a knife but you could totally use the food chopper)

Now get your baker out of microwave (careful it will be hot)
Drain the grease (it may be easiest to do this by removing he bacon and pour the grease out)

-chop up your bacon- I used the kitchen shears! I love them!
-pour in the eggs mixture
-add the spinach and peppers
-mix all together!!!
-now add the salt and pepper if you want

-return microwave for 9 minutes!

And you have casserole that taste like its been in the oven for an hour!!
But cooked in less than 20 minutes!

*serves approximately 6 people!


My Deep Covered Baker


The Inside (starting to get nice and seasoned!)

Bacon laid out and ready to be cooked!

Cooked Bacon! You could add a few minutes to the cook time if you wanted it crisper
 
 

Cut up the bacon (I use my kitchen shears!)

Ingredients!

Chopped/diced peppers

This is the 3 cup prep bowl I grated approximately 1 cup of cheese with the grater!
 
Fresh Spinach from the garden I washed and cut up about 1 cup of it!

Eggs (they are in my other 3 cup prep bowl)

stir all ingredients together and put into the microwave!

DONE!

It came out super easy! No Sticking! 

Yummy! 

2 comments:

  1. This is years later, but do you still have the recipe file? That cake sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - so I made this a bit modified. I browned breakfast sausage and added it to the baker. I also lightly sautéed onion and red pepper and added it to the baker. Threw in baby spinach. Beat 10 eggs and put garlic in them. Set it in my fridge at night and popped it all in the oven in the morning. At 350 it took over an hour to bake...may be because the stone was cold? Not bad though!

    ReplyDelete