Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pasta with Ceci

Rachel Rays pasta with Ceci! That's what was for dinner tonight and it was so good! Everyone had seconds and we have leftovers! (I may add a bunch of beans to the leftovers for some soup!)

Today I was watching Rachel Ray (she's one of my most favorite people to watch cook! I would love to go to her show!!)
On the show she cooked pasta with Ceci! (Che-chi) Or as I know Ceci as chick peas and garbanzo beans! Growing up I loved loved loved these little peas!! And I've had a dry bag of them for a while now waiting to figure out what to do with them.. So I was ecstatic when I watched her show!
I didn't take a ton of pictures and I'm not going to post directions- instead I will just add her link to the recipe! This wasn't a "quick" recipe but wasn't bad either! I just had to soak the peas and instead of the meat she suggest - I did bacon (I cooked this in the oven first on my large bar pan! 425 degrees- lay bacon on large bar pan and cook 20-30 minutes depending on crispness you want!) I will be making this again! (Oh and Dustin and the kids had fresh grated Parmesan cheese, I didn't and it was still good! You could leave out the bacon and use vegetable stock and make it vegetarian!)
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/pasta-ceci/


















No comments:

Post a Comment