Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Breakfast for supper!

My new double burner griddle from the pampered chef came in today!!!! I have wanted this for so long and cookware is on host special this month for 60% off!! and of course I made sure to get it!

I had to use the griddle tonight, I couldn't wait! So I decided to make French toast! I couldn't wait to fix enough French toast for my whole family and it ALL still be nice an warm when we sit down to eat! (Normally I would do one piece at a time and by the time I was done the first few pieces were cold!)
And then I decided I wanted bacon tonight, so I grabbed out my late bar pan and laid the bacon out on it an got it all ready for the oven!!
Tonight's breakfast was a huge success in the Wheat house and I was one happy Momma!
Here's the recipe from Allrecipes.com
Recipe Details (ps I really soaked my bread so I just has 8 pieces of bread)


Fluffy French Toast

12 Servings, Prep Time: 10 Minutes, Cook Time: 20 Minutes

Description

This French toast recipe is different because it uses flour. I have given it to some friends and they've all liked it better than the French toast they usually make!

Ingredients

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 pinch salt
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon white sugar
12 thick slices bread
Directions

Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.


























No comments:

Post a Comment